Amara.Eternally.Beautiful

Finding beauty from ashes

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A little muffin top and prayer


    Coffee's on and I am sitting in a quiet house with just the sound of my two year old's morning chatter. Its when my house gets really quiet I start to worry. 



little muffin top
 Since school started my fairly easy going little muffin top turned it up a notch in the mischief department.  Yesterday she took her evening bath with a lizard. Yes a lizard! He was sadly not responding by the time I figured out it wasn't a toy she was clutching in her chubby fingers. "Flying" *ahem swimming* is her favorite. Actually anything that involves water. Flooding the kitchen via my fridge water dispenser, tea parties in her room, bathroom visits are quite wet (and sometimes minty). Lets just say I have noticed that my big kids are not around to entertain her two year old creativity.
  
  Its going on two weeks since I sent my big kids off into the big world of public school. I know an update is due but I have not been able to find the words to write. Its been a big change, with a capital B.
  Let me start off with this, so far I love the school. Really. I've been very impressed with the staff and the kids that go there. 
  Kyran chose to bring in his Bible for one of his special things for Show & Tell. Turns out their were three other kids that brought Bibles also. Then when they were learning about super hero's, his new buddy said "Jesus is our superhero"!
  Bria got to play with Noah's boat on the first day. Trae's sixth grade homeroom teacher is a Christian and she's a lot of fun.*score!* Tevan has very understanding, sweet teachers and has already signed up to run for student council. These are good things. My children are growing. God is blessing this.


  BUT these weeks have not gone off without a hitch. Thursday turned out to be a day for melt downs. Tevan cried all day at school, and then cried himself to sleep that night. Bria cried at nap time because she missed mom and home. Kyran was overwhelmed with the fast pace set for school work. Trae was ignored by his "new" friends.
  My mommy heart has been breaking and my faith has been stretched. I have to let go of my children and trust that God knows the plans He has for them, for a hope and a future. I am not God and He seems to keep reminding me of that fact over and over again.
  
  Where were you when I laid foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone,when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Job 38:4 
  




  I had this funny thought that by sending my children off, it was like giving them up for adoption. Seriously it has felt like that! And I am, in a sense. I'm giving them up to the one who created them and the universe. He is fully capable. Who am I to question Him?
  What I can do is help my children grow through this. I keep reminding them that God is with them. Mom & dad are here to help them too. We are a team.

Here are a few things I am doing to send a little bit of my love with them:

#1
Morning devotions. We start our morning with devotions from God's Word. I read to them while they eat breakfast.













#2
A "surprise" snack in an envelope. Bria's love language is definitely gifts so its fun!











#3
A note to make you laugh. Jokes work good for my boys to get their mind off things. Perfect addition to their lunch sack.














  Last but not least, we pray. Usually as we are driving down the road or waiting in the car line to drop them off. Their is power in prayer and this my soul knows Oh so well.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment