Amara.Eternally.Beautiful

Finding beauty from ashes

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Name them one by one


This morning one of my neighbors stopped me as I was getting out of my car. I had just gotten home from dropping off my big kids at school and was juggling my tutu wearing two year old into the house. 
We said our typical good mornings and our conversation ended with a good reminder for me.


   
  "Y'all are living the life most of us have only dreamed of, he said, "At least from the outside looking in." Really? I thought, I was taken back some by that. I answered with a "Well, yes we are blessed" and we went our merry ways. 
  This was the second time a stranger has approached us and made a similar comment. I can only point to Jesus. We are not doing anything out of the ordinary. Most of the time I feel in over my head and chaos reigns in our home. The quiet mornings are cherished. Bills we hope will get paid. The car quits. Another bill to pay. So-in-so hit so-in-so. He did it, she did it. But at the end of the day I am blessed.
  I can only point to Jesus. He is the head of our home. He must be shining bright even amidst our chaos. Things are far from perfect but today I am once again reminded that YES He is faithful. I will count my blessings and name them one by one. Thank you Jesus for loving me enough to remind me of this. We are living the dream.

  Count your blessings name them one by one
  Count your many blessings see what God has done!
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment