Amara.Eternally.Beautiful

Finding beauty from ashes

Monday, August 24, 2015

Yes I know who holds my hand




  The joy of raising these five children with my best friend is what makes my life full. If you knew me at all you would know that, like most moms, I live for my family. I would give my life in a second for my children & I find such a joy in serving my husband also. I believe in the Biblical view of til death do us part and also I believe that God's ways are much wiser than mine. After all He created me. 
  This past weekend we had the privilege of spending family time at the beach. We rented a house with a few of our friends and their own budding families. Memories were made. Ones I hope my children can tuck away and reminisce on someday, when I am confined to a rocking chair and they are raising babies of their own. 


Sweet childhood memories



My lil men

    Monday is here. This morning I packed up my big and little ones and headed to their first day of school. This is a big deal for me. Being a homeschool mom means a complete different lifestyle than the one we are about to face. I do not take it lightly to send my kids off into the big world. Now we have to adjust to earlier mornings and the structure of the classroom. My kids love to learn so I am excited for them.
  Their is a lot of controversy over schooling, at least in my realm of people. Its either you are passionately homeschooling or passionately sending your kids to school. Well I am neither and both. What I am passionate about is what God wants for my children. When He called me to homeschool my children four years ago I didn't understand why. I only knew with certainty that He had called me to do it & He would supply ALL I needed too. 
   Now He has prompted me to enroll them into public school. Why? With all of the controversy with "common core" and the politics going on in our country..why now? I cannot answer that question. I know I prayed and prayed for confirmation on whether to send my precious little ones to school. God confirmed it. All He answers me is this:
   "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. And lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5
I dont need to know the why. God knows and that is enough. 

 I will leave you all with the words from one of my favorite hymns:

"I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"

I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
And I don't borrow from its sunshine
'Cause the skies might turn to grey.
And I don't worry about the future,
'Cause I know what Jesus said,
And today I'm gonna walk right beside him
'Cause he's the one who knows what is ahead.
There are things about tomorrow
That I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
And each step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb.
And every burden is getting lighter
And all the clouds are silver lined.
And, over there the sun is always shining
And no tears will ever dim the eye
And the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains, they touch the sky.
There are many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.
Yes I know who holds my hand.

  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment